A while back I started having problems with the windscreen washers on my Zafira. Something was blocking it. I found that I could pull the pipe off the washer and blow down it. That sometimes cleared it, but not permanently. Then one time I went to do this and snapped a bit off the nozzle. I just got a new one that cost all of UKP2.30, but fitting it was not easy. Basically you have to destroy the old one by hacking bits off it as it pushes into a hole, but will not come back out. I couldn't find any details of this on-line, so perhaps this information will help someone else.
I'm guessing that the blockage was due to something in the reservoir, but that is fairly inaccessible in the wing of the car. I thought I would fix that by siphoning it out. I managed to get some lovely bright green screenwash in my gob, but managed using a bit of hosepipe. I did it a few times for good measure and, fingers crossed, it seems to be okay now. So it cost me a couple of quid, a chunk of my time and the skin of a couple of knuckles. I just don't have the time and money to take it to a mechanic.
I don't think too much of interest has been going on in my life lately. I have had some use of the Wii wireless to send things back and forth to our friends. My computer audio problems persist. I think I will have to reinstall Kubuntu and accept that I will have to set a load of stuff up again, but at least most user settings survive as my home partition will still be there. The problem tends to be finding a spare few hours to do it all.